Sunday, August 2, 2009

News from the NFMS/AFMS show

Well, here it is the last day in Billings, MT and we are ready to come back home. It has been a very busy few days here. The show started on Thursday, but all the vendors and exhibitors were setting up on Wednesday. We have seen a few Puyallup Club members here at the show, besides LaVon and Mike, Larry Hoffman and his wife along with Chuck Raup and his wife were here. Saw some old friends and made a few new ones.

I was able to teach 3 workshops and sell a few books, so that helped offset some of the expenses. If you are reading this and are wondering what book and what workshop, you'll have to ready my personal blog or my gem tree blog.

Obviously, if you have followed some of my posts on my gem tree blog and on the PVGMC newsletter, then you know that Paul and I came so that I could compete for my "Masters" in Gem Tree Design. I did get what I came for which was Masters at the Regional and National level, so two blue ribbons. I did not however achieve enough points to bring home the trophy...oh well, maybe another time.

I do have something new to share and that is the Rock-A-Teer was nominated for an award and received 2nd in the Federation for Large Newsletter and an Honorable Mention at the National level. The surprise this morning at the Editor's Breakfast was that I was voted into the American Federation Hall of Fame for Newsletter Editors. It was a great honor to be accepted and our ne
wsletter recognized at such a National level.

Here are a few pictures from the show. Hope everyone is well and surviving the heat back there in Washington and we will see you at the next meeting. Cheers, Dana James



No comments:

Post a Comment